Thursday, January 10, 2013

Choosing your priorities.

The other day I was invited to a wonderful woman's Bible study at a friends church.  I was so excited because I was looking for an affordable Bible study and one that I could bring my homeschooled children too and this was it!  One of the things they did was talk about how we fill our days.  The leader showed us an analogy where using rice and walnuts to demonstrate how we fill our days makes a huge difference in the day.  So I decided to make my own and to mix it up a little and share it with you all.

This jar represents you day.  You choose how you fill it.


These lentils represent all the things that distract you from spending time with the Lord.  Things like chores, bills, children, laundry, cooking, friends, facebook, and well, you get the idea. 


These blocks represent time with the Lord.  The building blocks of our day really should be spending time with the Lord, praying and serving others. 


So how you fill your day can make a big difference in the outcome.


If you start by filling it was all the "things" you have to do or by all the little distractions first you just won't fit in all that time with the Lord that you had hoped for at the start of the day.


BUT if you start your day with the Lord, seeking Him first... 


and then add everything else...



you will find that...


it all fits!


So I decided to make this jar as a reminder to me that what I decide to fill my day with makes a huge difference on the day and the focus.


I thought that a scripture verse will tie it all in as a beautiful reminder.


So here is my completed jar!  What do you think?  Do you think that having this as a reminder for you you might help you keep your time with the Lord?


Here it is put in its spot in my kitchen garden window so that it is always right in front of me while I am working.


Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment